Relatively young Canadian metropolis, Vancouver is a vibrant largest city in British Columbia. Known for its scenic beauty, rugged mountainous backdrop, strong First Nations traditions, and tasty international cuisine, Vancouver is an exciting city to explore, whether for a weekend or longer stay. Located on the Pacific Ocean and lined on three sides by water, the waterfront is an important area of the city and a great place for travelers to experience the city at its finest especially on board their own private party yacht in Vancouver. The waterways are the lifeblood of the city and no visit to Vancouver is complete without spending time enjoying the experiences on offer here.
The waterfront of the Vancouver is the beating heart of the city. The waterways around Vancouver buzz with boats zig-zagging around its channels. Vancouver’s skyline and surrounding mountains make for a picturesque view. In addition to experiencing the city’s harbor by yacht, evening dinner cruising provides an opportunity to take in the mesmerizing views of the sunset from the water and watch the lights of Vancouver turn on — all while enjoying a delicious local meal.
GRANVILLE ISLAND – Granville Island is an artsy, eclectic, upscale restaurant-and-business neighborhood. Granville Island offers mesmerizing views of the Vancouver skyline, wonderful waterfront walks, and plenty of boating options. Hop on the yacht with your friends which will take you to the island. With one of the best and largest markets in Vancouver, it is a great place to shop for local handicrafts, flowers, all sorts of locally grown foods, coffee and tea, and local art. Poke around the local sellers’ shops, stroll along Granville’s harbour, and enjoy a picnic lunch sitting by the creek while listening to street musicians.
Things To Do at Granville Island with Your BFF
• Granville Island Brewing – This microbrewery is located right in the heart of Granville Island for all you beer lovers. They offer a tasting room, beer hall, and restaurant where you can sit and enjoy a cold one right where it's made. You can even take a beer tour and learn the operations of one of Vancouver's most popular breweries.
• Catch A Street Show – Watch musicians, artists, craft makers, singers, magicians, and jugglers perform in the main square throughout the day. This is the perfect place to take in the local talent and people watch as the day goes by.
• Explore The Shops – There are tons of cool little shops lining the streets of Granville Island. Check out local artisans crafting pottery, wood carvings, baked goods, and jewelery. The prices on these items range from affordable to breaking the bank, but they are all worth seeing and you'll be sure to find a souvenir to take home with you.
STANLEY PARK – Located on the north-west corner of Vancouver, Stanley Park is one of the city’s top spots for travelers and visitors alike. With beautiful beaches, flowering gardens, walking trails, Canada’s largest aquarium, and inspiring First Nations artwork, this 1,000-acre park is one of the largest in the world. The seawall, which circles the 8.8km perimeter of the park, offers fantastic views of downtown Vancouver, the Bay, the North Shore mountains, Burrard Inlet, and Lions Gate Bridge. With so much to see and enjoy, don’t forget your camera!
Things To Do at Stanley Park with Your BFF
• Get In Touch With Nature – Stanley Park is a rainforest featuring some pretty incredible nature from Hemlock, Douglas Fir and Western Red Cedar trees, to wetlands, shorelines and beaches. Many species of wildlife call the park home, including squirrels, racoon, migratory birds, eagles, beavers, sea stars and more.
• Get Entertained – The first thing that comes to mind when many think of entertainment in Stanley Park is the Vancouver Aquarium, which does an incredible job of introducing people to the wonders of the ocean. There’s also the Malkin Bowl, which hosts a variety of musical acts for summer concerts.
• A Ride On The Miniature Train – With all your friends hop on the board the miniature train for a leisurely way to see Vancouver’s, Stanley Park. Travel 2 km (1.4 mi) on track and through tunnels as you tour the rainforest. Themed trains each season make for a diversity of experiences.
Whether you’re looking to host your party in Vancouver or enjoy some quiet leisure time with your best friends forever at a private beach, Vancouver’s vibrant waterfront and the associated activities will make your party or vacation overwhelming. Your private party yacht or luxury charter in Vancouver will offer all that Canada has in store for its travelers.