Ask any Vancouver local about their favorite season, and you’re bound to get many different answers.
Winter, of course, is the season Vancouver is most famous for. Summer is arguably just as popular, with hot days by the lake and endless time to spend hiking, biking, and golfing. Spring is a cherished season, too: it’s that rare time of year where you can ski and mountain bike in the same day. And then, of course, we have Fall season.
Vancouver is a beautiful place to be in autumn. This is because Vancouver has enough fall activities to keep you busy with fun-filled days of action-packed events, apple cider,
Halloween frights on board your own private party yacht in Vancouver.
Check out these fall activities in Vancouver you should be part of this autumn to renew your love for this season.
OUTDOOR ADVENTURES – Hiking, Kayaking, Fishing & Biking: Fall in the Vancouver is the ideal time to be part of the outdoor adventures, especially the month of September when the weather is still a little bit warm.
Hiking – If the colors are changing, then the best way to see them is to get outside and immerse yourself in nature. Either while huffing and puffing up the Grouse Grind or leisurely strolling through Stanley Park, the crisp air and sweeping views will keep you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. It will also provide you with many autumn photo ops. Hiking up is free, but after enjoying the top's spectacular view, you may want to pay for the gondola ride down.
Fishing – Summer may be winding down, however, the September and October months are also considered the best for fishing. These are prime months for salmon and sturgeon fishing near Vancouver. In the months of September, you can spot biggest chinook salmon. Sturgeon fishing in September and October is when you can look for some of the most consistent fishing for big fish. Hop on a private yacht rental in Vancouver and set out for fall fishing trips to chase migrating fish on wild rivers.
FILM FESTIVALS GALORE – Vancouver International Film Festival (VIFF) & More: Fall in Vancouver is the season for cinephiles since it's the time when many film festivals are held. The biggest and the most awaited film festival is, of course, the Vancouver International Film Festival (VIFF), which is gaining more and more acclaimed every year. VIFF screens over 300 films from over 60 countries, and attracts industry insiders and celebrities as well as movie-lovers from across the Lower Mainland. This year, VIFF runs September 28 - October 13, 2017.
GORGEOUS FALL FOILAGE IN VANCOUVER – No doubt the evergreen trees make up the big part of the forests located in Vancouver. Vancouver does indeed have fall foliage, trees with leaves that turn brilliant colors in the fall. There are many local spots to take in the fall foliage, including Stanley Park and the gorgeous VanDusen Botanical Garden, as well as great options for driving trips to nearby leafy destinations. Some of the most dramatic fall foliage in Vancouver can be found at Stanley Park. Leaves of rich red, purple, bronze, and gold line the Stanley Park Seawall, thus providing the visitors with incredible photo opportunities.
DISCOVER THE FRINGE BENEFITS OF THE CITY – Fall is the time of year when alternative theatre are organized across the city. Spread over 11 days in the month of September, more than 90 different theatre artists and companies come together to share their creativity on stage. The theatrical offerings are suitable for all tastes and ages and even the audience is as varied as the performances being held. Moreover, there is one more category wherein the artists find their own venue. Some shows are hosted in surprising locations such as inside bathrooms or the back of a car. This year the festival is scheduled to be held from September 7-17, 2017. The Opening Night Party will be held on September 05, 2017. Pick of the Fringe will be held from September 20-24, 2017.
It’s true, there are oodles to do in the City of Glass, in fall time and anytime. Don’t get overwhelmed. Just find a match of the activities as per your taste and preferences. Book a private party yacht in Vancouver well on time to avoid last-minute rush because it is the time of Thanksgiving and Halloween and it might be possible that you don't get the one you desire for.
Relatively young Canadian metropolis Vancouver is a vibrant largest city in British Columbia (BC). Vancouver is home to surreal mountains, the wild Pacific Ocean and no shortage of stunningly beautiful sites that make it a paradise for photography enthusiasts. These photographers often sail over the turquoise blue waters on board one of the top luxury private yachts in Vancouver to capture some of the best of BC and the world, and continue to inspire others with their talent, drive, and work.
One of the many reasons visitors to Vancouver are struck by this stunning city is its location within BC. Vancouver sits in the midst of thick rainforest, the Pacific Ocean, and the towering Coast Mountains, it is one the most scenic and photogenic cities of the planet. Located on the Pacific Ocean and lined on three sides by water, the talented photographers capture the city at its finest especially on board the most luxury private yacht in Vancouver.
COAL HARBOR – Coal Harbor – a waterfront section of downtown Vancouver adjacent to Stanley Park. Despite the fact that Coal Harbor is right downtown, it’s a surprisingly calm little neighborhood, right on the water’s edge. From here it is possible to capture some beautiful images of the park itself, and across the harbor. Visit in the fall for a shot of Stanley Park, where the leaves keep on changing the color. You can also capture the views of a gorgeous mountain backdrop. While here, you can take to the water yourself on board most luxurious super yacht, or board a seaplane for a “flightseeing” tour of the city.
QUEEN ELIZABETH PARK – Queen Elizabeth Park – a very popular location to take first-time visitors for an expansive view of the city. It is a major draw for floral display enthusiasts and view-seekers, and as a popular backdrop for wedding photos. There is also a gorgeously landscaped quarry garden, the arboretum with its collection of exotic and native trees, sculptures including one by internationally renowned artist Henry Moore, and diverse recreational offerings such as tennis, lawn bowling and pitch & putt. Keepsake photography is the most preferred here. Do not leave the park without checking out the viewpoint at the top.
CYPRESS MOUNTAIN – Cypress Mountain – the most westerly of Vancouver’s three local mountains. The towering North Shore Mountains which form a backdrop to the bustling city of Vancouver have beckoned outdoor recreationists for many years. The view from atop Cypress takes in the city of Vancouver, including a great view of Stanley Park, as well as Howe Sound and several of the small islands just offshore. In the summers, you can hike for a spectacular lookout. In winter you can enjoy downhill and Nordic skiing, snowshoeing, or visit the tube park. No matter what the season or the weather, Cypress Provincial Park is an enjoyable place to be.
GRANVILLE ISLAND – Granville Island is the heart of art, craft, creative and culinary delights in Vancouver. This pretty area affords all kinds of photo opportunities along its length. There are available out a number of vantage points, including Burrard Bridge, near the mouth of the creek, artsy Granville Island, the seawall footpath that runs along the shores of the creek, and on board the Vancouver luxury private yachts you can reach one destination from another. All afford picturesque views of the Vancouver skyline. For the food-photography enthusiast, a walking tour of the market can be a great way to get an insider’s insight.
STANLEY PARK – The favorite spot to take photos of Vancouver – by a landslide – is the iconic Stanley Park. This unique and wonderful urban park is the perfect place to capture Vancouver in all its glory. Designated a national historic site of Canada, Stanley Park is a magnificent green oasis in the midst of the heavily built urban landscape of Vancouver. From here you can point your camera out to sea, up at the mountains, or out over the city. Or better yet, take the time to explore the park and don’t leave until you have all three images to remind you of your visit. The park offers a wide range of unforgettable experiences for all ages and interests, including Canada’s largest aquarium.
When one thinks of photography spot around Vancouver, the above-enlisted one's are considered the most awesome. It's time to contact Vancouver Legend Yacht to book the most luxury private yacht in Vancouver to make the most out of your upcoming photography vacation.
From the serenity of Stanley Park to the buzzing markets at Granville and cool bars of Gastown, luxury yacht chartering in Vancouver ensures that every traveler experiences everything to have a memorable time to cherish for the lifetime.
Vancouver wins accolades as one of the world’s most livable cities as it experiences mild temperatures throughout the year. It is neither too hot in summer nor too cold in winter due to its location on the Pacific Coast.
What about luxury yacht vacations in Vancouver in your next break from the hectic life schedules? VLYCC has got the scoop on the yacht charter in Vancouver and the places you can sail to. The turquoise blue waters offer some of the most mind-blowing scenery the sailing world has to offer that you must enjoy aboard one of our luxurious crewed yacht charters in Vancouver.
Below enlisted activities will kick-start your Vancouver sightseeing, and you are sure to stumble upon plenty of other Vancouver treasures along the way.
STROLL LEISURELY ON THE CAPILANO SUSPENSION BRIDGE – It's time to take in the mesmerizing views from three breathtaking perspectives - Capilano Suspension Bridge, Treetops Adventure and the exciting new Cliffwalk. The Capilano Suspension Bridge has thrilled visitors since time immemorial. While the wobbly bridge and stunning location is a Vancouver landmark, Capilano Suspension Bridge Park is the best place to have an all-encompassing BC experience.
With 16 anchor points in the cliff supporting the structure and two glass platforms, Cliffwalk is not for the faint hearted! Go through the interactive exhibits that will make you learn about the need for water conservation. Treetops Adventure will take you 100 feet into the mid-story of a coastal rainforest on seven suspension bridges attached to old-growth trees.
EXPLORE THE VANCOUVER AQUARIUM – What would you like to see today from over 50,000 amazing aquatic creatures at the Vancouver Aquarium. Stop by and say hi to the adorable sea otters, or come see the mesmerizing jellyfish. You can be part of dolphin, shark and sea otter shows which are held daily. In the Amazon gallery, you can also spot free-roaming animals. The Vancouver Aquarium remains open 365 days a year from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm.
You can also immerse yourself in the 4D Experience Theatre, which combines the high-definition excitement of a 3D film with thrilling sensory effects! You can also learn about serious conservation issues facing the oceans today, such as ocean pollution and overfishing. Located minutes from downtown in world famous Stanley Park, it is a must-visit tourist destination.
ENJOY THE OCCASIONAL EVENTS – Hop on the crewed yacht charters in Vancouver to take in the unparalleled views of Vancouver. The luxury yacht chartering in Vancouver is the best and unique way to delightfully experience the city. Be part of Vancouver's most popular Sunset Dinner Cruise. Don't miss the opportunity to take in the mesmerizing views of the surroundings with your family and special friends. This is the perfect gift for your loved ones.
You can also enjoy authentic paddle boat and narrated the tour of the inner harbor or relax with Indian Arm Luncheon Cruise which is a unique experience since the area is only accessible by boat, in 4 hours you will pass Deep Cove to Indian Arm and finally reach Silver Falls.
PANORAMIC VIEWS FROM THE GROUSE MOUNTAIN – Grouse Mountain is the peak of Vancouver. Grouse Mountain is Vancouver’s premier four-season attraction. Panoramic views of the city, ocean and mountains unfold as the Skyride, North America’s largest aerial tram system, whisks visitors to the mountaintop. Situated only 15 minutes from downtown Vancouver, Grouse Mountain offers the perfect amalgamation of wilderness and civilization.
While here take in the jaw-dropping 360-degree views from The Eye of the Wind – the world’s first wind turbine. Witness the majesty of two orphaned grizzly bears in a 5-acre Wildlife Refuge, or enjoy the thrilling rush of adrenaline as you soar on Grouse Mountain’s dual-line, five-line zipline. Grouse Mountain’s winter activities include the finest in local skiing and snowboarding, as well as snowshoeing, ice-skating and sleigh rides.
Whether you’re looking to celebrate with a crowd or enjoy some quiet leisure time with your best friends forever, luxury yacht chartering in Vancouver will make your vacation overwhelming. A private luxury yacht charter in Vancouver allows all the guests to be part of the best activities which Vancouver has in store to make the vacations memorable.
There are plenty of things to see and experience in the outdoors around Vancouver but one of the unique attractions along the trails in the region is crossing a suspension bridge. Most suspension bridges in the area are built above raging rivers, some above deep canyons, making the crossing of these bridges a spectacular viewpoint.
By definition, a suspension bridge is one where the weight on the deck of the bridge hangs below and is supported by vertical cables attached to larger cables that run horizontally above. The larger cables are then anchored at the ends of the bridge to support the structure. These suspension bridges can be accessed either through land or through the water. Most luxury dinner yachts in Vancouver provide a day trip to any or all of the suspension bridges under the guidance of an expert.
While the Lions Gate Bridge is the most popular example of a suspension bridge, below are enlisted the suspension bridges near Vancouver and the southwestern BC region. Here’s an alphabetical list of the suspension bridges in the area:
BUNTZEN LAKE SUSPENSION BRIDGE – Located at the north end of Buntzen Lake, the suspension bridge connects the trail along the west side of the lake with the east side. The bridge is located just beyond the north beach area and spans a channel of water between Buntzen Lake and McCombe Lake. Hikers doing the loop around Buntzen Lake or the Diez Vistas Trail will cross this bridge.
CAPILANO SUSPENSION BRIDGE – The most famous suspension bridge to walk across is Capilano Suspension Bridge which spans over the spectacular Capilano River below. In addition to the suspension bridge, there are other attractions to explore, such as the Cliff Walk overlooking the canyon and the Treetops Adventure, a series of suspension bridges connected to landings on Douglas Fir trees. The Capilano Suspension Bridge does have an admission fee but it gives visitors a great experience on what the Pacific Northwest rainforests are like without requiring hiking gear or having to venture deep into the backcountry.
GIN AND TONIC SUSPENSION BRIDGE – The Gin & Tonic Suspension Bridge is located along the trail to Rainbow Lake in Whistler. Not to be confused with the first larger cable bridge on the trail, it’s the second bridge that crosses Gin & Tonic Creek. A sign attached to the bridge reads “Decking on the Gin & Tonic Suspension Bridge will be removed for the winter season”, so you’ll have to experience this suspension bridge during the summer months.
LYNN CANYON SUSPENSION BRIDGE – The suspension bridge across Lynn Canyon in North Vancouver is an impressive sight as you cross high above the Lynn Creek below. Located next to the Lynn Canyon Ecology Centre, the bridge connects hiking trails on both sides of the creek, including the popular Twin Falls loop. The bridge is also part of the Baden Powell Trail, a long trail that crosses the entire North Shore.
SKY PILOT SUSPENSION BRIDGE – Located at the top of the Sea To Sky Gondola in Squamish, the Sky Pilot Suspension Bridge is about 100-meters long. This bridge is the best to take in the spectacular views of Howe Sound and the tower Sky Pilot Mountain. This suspension bridge is one of the few that doesn’t cross a river and was built to connect the lodge to a separate viewing platform. Hikers can access the suspension bridge by hiking up the steep Sea To Summit Trail and then taking the Gondola back down for $10. If you’re less inclined to do this challenging hike, you can take the Gondola to the top.
TRAIN WRECK SUSPENSION BRIDGE – The bridge across the Cheakamus River next to the Whistler Train Wreck site was built in 2016 to make it easier for hikers to access a piece of Whistler’s history. The bridge has been beautifully designed, with a metal wheel shape on each side resembling an old train wheel. It’s an easy walk to the Train Wreck site and crossing the rugged Cheakmus River gives you an added bonus by offering the mesmerizing views of the rushing river below.
When one thinks of suspension bridges in British Columbia, the above-enlisted one's are considered the most awesome. It's time to contact Vancouver Legend Yacht to book the most luxury dinner or day trip yachts in Vancouver for you and your family to make the most out of your upcoming vacation.
Relatively young Canadian metropolis, Vancouver is a vibrant largest city in British Columbia. Known for its scenic beauty, rugged mountainous backdrop, strong First Nations traditions, and tasty international cuisine, Vancouver is an exciting city to explore, whether for a weekend or longer stay. Located on the Pacific Ocean and lined on three sides by water, the waterfront is an important area of the city and a great place for travelers to experience the city at its finest especially on board their own private party yacht in Vancouver. The waterways are the lifeblood of the city and no visit to Vancouver is complete without spending time enjoying the experiences on offer here.
The waterfront of the Vancouver is the beating heart of the city. The waterways around Vancouver buzz with boats zig-zagging around its channels. Vancouver’s skyline and surrounding mountains make for a picturesque view. In addition to experiencing the city’s harbor by yacht, evening dinner cruising provides an opportunity to take in the mesmerizing views of the sunset from the water and watch the lights of Vancouver turn on — all while enjoying a delicious local meal.
GRANVILLE ISLAND – Granville Island is an artsy, eclectic, upscale restaurant-and-business neighborhood. Granville Island offers mesmerizing views of the Vancouver skyline, wonderful waterfront walks, and plenty of boating options. Hop on the yacht with your friends which will take you to the island. With one of the best and largest markets in Vancouver, it is a great place to shop for local handicrafts, flowers, all sorts of locally grown foods, coffee and tea, and local art. Poke around the local sellers’ shops, stroll along Granville’s harbour, and enjoy a picnic lunch sitting by the creek while listening to street musicians.
Things To Do at Granville Island with Your BFF
• Granville Island Brewing – This microbrewery is located right in the heart of Granville Island for all you beer lovers. They offer a tasting room, beer hall, and restaurant where you can sit and enjoy a cold one right where it's made. You can even take a beer tour and learn the operations of one of Vancouver's most popular breweries.
• Catch A Street Show – Watch musicians, artists, craft makers, singers, magicians, and jugglers perform in the main square throughout the day. This is the perfect place to take in the local talent and people watch as the day goes by.
• Explore The Shops – There are tons of cool little shops lining the streets of Granville Island. Check out local artisans crafting pottery, wood carvings, baked goods, and jewelery. The prices on these items range from affordable to breaking the bank, but they are all worth seeing and you'll be sure to find a souvenir to take home with you.
STANLEY PARK – Located on the north-west corner of Vancouver, Stanley Park is one of the city’s top spots for travelers and visitors alike. With beautiful beaches, flowering gardens, walking trails, Canada’s largest aquarium, and inspiring First Nations artwork, this 1,000-acre park is one of the largest in the world. The seawall, which circles the 8.8km perimeter of the park, offers fantastic views of downtown Vancouver, the Bay, the North Shore mountains, Burrard Inlet, and Lions Gate Bridge. With so much to see and enjoy, don’t forget your camera!
Things To Do at Stanley Park with Your BFF
• Get In Touch With Nature – Stanley Park is a rainforest featuring some pretty incredible nature from Hemlock, Douglas Fir and Western Red Cedar trees, to wetlands, shorelines and beaches. Many species of wildlife call the park home, including squirrels, racoon, migratory birds, eagles, beavers, sea stars and more.
• Get Entertained – The first thing that comes to mind when many think of entertainment in Stanley Park is the Vancouver Aquarium, which does an incredible job of introducing people to the wonders of the ocean. There’s also the Malkin Bowl, which hosts a variety of musical acts for summer concerts.
• A Ride On The Miniature Train – With all your friends hop on the board the miniature train for a leisurely way to see Vancouver’s, Stanley Park. Travel 2 km (1.4 mi) on track and through tunnels as you tour the rainforest. Themed trains each season make for a diversity of experiences.
Whether you’re looking to host your party in Vancouver or enjoy some quiet leisure time with your best friends forever at a private beach, Vancouver’s vibrant waterfront and the associated activities will make your party or vacation overwhelming. Your private party yacht or luxury charter in Vancouver will offer all that Canada has in store for its travelers.
Vancouver is a sunny summer paradise in British Columbia for both locals as well as the savvy travelers. Being the perfect destination for spending the summer vacation, Vancouver offers an array of activities for everyone to enjoy all summer long.
The moment you step outdoors in Vancouver, you can feel the aroma of excitement lurking around in every corner. From heart-pumping zip lining, exotic marine life and seaplane adventures to taste bud-awakening food tours on board the most luxury dinner yachts in Vancouver, you name it – Vancouver has it all! Whether you are a thrill seeker or looking for a summer romance or if you are looking for adventure, Vancouver has something for every taste and personality.
Being the magical place it also has its fair share of romantic experiences for travelers. If you too are looking to heat up your summer with a little spice and some unique experiences, look no further. The below-mentioned ideas are very much popular amongst the couples traveling to Vancouver and are guaranteed to give you the experience of the lifetime.
• A LUXURY DINNER YACHT CRUISE IN VANCOUVER – There are some great cruises offered in Vancouver that can definitely add a little more romance to your lives. Enjoy sunset dinner cruise that will take you past the downtown skyline, Stanley Park, and North Shore Mountains while enjoying scrumptious food and soothing music. Freshly prepared and seasonally inspired, dinner menu features expert-curated cuisine to delight your senses. On board the most luxury dinner yachts in Vancouver you can dance your heart out or simply sit and relax and take in the captivating views.
• SPICE UP YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH FOOD TOUR – Step into the streets of Vancouver and embark on a culinary adventure with your significant other. Treat your taste buds with scrumptious dishes and treats of various cultures and influences across the globe. Vancouver is considered to be the melting pot, so do not miss the food tour. Consider craft beer and bites tour, gourmet tours that will awaken your taste buds with mouthwatering cuisines and make you want to take it all over again when you’re done! There is always something romantic about trying some of the best new gourmet dishes together.
• TAKE A SEA-DOO TOUR FROM GRANVILLE ISLAND – If you and your love enjoy thrills and the open water, then be part of one of the Sea-Doo Tours that often begins from Granville Island. Under the guidance of an expert jump waves by massive cargo ships, speed through the Burrard Inlet and pass Lighthouse Point! It’s not for the faint-hearted, so make sure you choose a double rider Sea-Doo so you can be super close with your partner, as you hit 70 miles per hour!
• ZIP LINING AT GROUSE MOUNTAIN – Ready for the adrenaline rushing adventure of the lifetime? This is the perfect opportunity for you and your beloved to strap on your harnesses and zip through British Columbia’s lush green forests. Take in some of the most jaw-dropping scenery in the province while zip-lining through the forest. The adventure that lasts for two hours allows the adrenaline seekers to see the canyons of the Dam and Grouse Mountains, as well as the magnificent peaks. The guide along the way will share with you enthralling tales that you can take home with you to share with your friends and develop the interest in them to plan next vacation trip to Vancouver.
• WHALE WATCHING – AN AWE INSPIRING EXPERIENCE – From March to October each year, thousands of whales migrate through the waters near Vancouver, making it one of the world’s best locations for whale watching. Therefore, whale watching has always been a favorite activity amongst the visitors and the locals as it takes you up close and personal with Vancouver's most elegant and fantastic marine life. Along with the whales, you can also look up for 83 freshwater fish and 368 saltwater fish.
There you have it! A top-notch list of some fun things to do in Vancouver over the summer months for locals and those flying into the city to explore everything that Vancouver has to offer. From sunset cruise on board the most luxury dinner yachts in Vancouver to sampling the cuisines of different culture during food tours to whale watching, there is an adventure waiting for everyone in Vancouver!
Vancouver sometimes gets knocked for being a bit dull – and while it’s true that its residents can be earlier to bed than in the rest of North America. Vancouver has a fascinating cultural diversity, beautiful mountains, amazing beach front restaurants, pristine sea wall for walking, magnificent hiking trails and so much more – all in all Vancouver is a paradise. This is the city that can be best explored on board a customized island cruise in Vancouver. Here are the top reasons why one should plan their upcoming visit to this gleaming waterfront city.
• There Is Some Seriously Delicious Asian Food – Perfect place to spot amalgamation of the multicultural metropolis is Greater Vancouver – an abode of thriving communities from mainland China, The Philippines, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea and Japan – more than two-thirds of Vancouver’s recent immigrants come from Asia. In the east of downtown, you can sample dim sum, pho, steamed buns and sushi and sublime egg tarts. For a truly local experience, head to Richmond, 25 minutes south of Downtown. There are located somewhere around 400 Asian restaurants.
• The Place To Witness Great Cafe Culture – Since time immemorial, Gastown has been the city’s coolest enclave. If the coffee shop culture would have been an international contest, Vancouver would have won the first medal. Cobblestone streets and Victorian brick buildings offer a comforting contrast to the shiny Downtown skyscrapers just next to your door. The streets along the landmark steam clock are dotted with an array of excellent baristas, where you can enjoy the best cup of coffee in the city.
• Take A Leisurely Stroll Through The Eclectic Markets – One of the best ways to get to Granville Island is by hopping on a customized Island Cruise in Vancouver that offers the best hospitable services. Once you’re there, the biggest attraction on Granville Island is the Public Market. Housed indoors, there are endless rows of stalls that feature fresh produce, gourmet foods, baked goods, and seafood. The market itself is often described as a “food lover’s paradise”. If you’re looking for something casual but already put together, try the local delicacies.
• Explore The Bunch Of Brilliant Small Batch Breweries – Local or visitor, the exploration will whisk you away on a fun and informative craft beer adventure by taking you to a unique brewery district and neighborhood of Vancouver. At each brewery, you’ll be introduced to a wide variety of Vancouver’s finest craft beers and get to share some laughs with fellow beer lovers! While on the visit, learn about behind-the-scene stories, history of each brewery, and most importantly, enjoy the beers you love with new friends and old.
• Take In The Mesmerizing Views From Kits Beach & Pool – Kitsilano Pool is Vancouver's only saltwater swimming pool. The outdoor summer pool is open May to mid-September. It is here where you can learn to surf – right in the city. Rent a stand-up paddle board, launch a sailboard, jump on a skimboard, and – for a limited time – launch your kiteboard at Spanish Banks. Vancouver has the world's longest uninterrupted waterfront path. One of the most popular recreational spots in the city is perfect for the walk, jog, and cycling.
• The Seawall Will Always Be Spectacular – The ultimate urban hike! Follow 22km of Vancouver's coastline along the popular Vancouver Seawall. For those interested in a long walk without having to leave the city, the seawall is the perfect place to be. It’s a great way to see some of Vancouver’s best spots, and great dining and attractions are close to many parts of the seawall. Walking, biking or rollerblading offers a real Vancouver experience – just try not to be that person who walks in the bike lane.
Book customized island cruise services in Vancouver and impress your family and friends with the spectacular dinner cruise and amazing sunset view along with these activities to make your vacation a memorable fiesta. From Gowlland Harbour to Bowen Island to Brentwood, Vancouver Legend Yacht & Car Club is bound to satisfy your curiosity and offer you a unique experience exploring Vancouver Island to its fullest.
Spring is finally here in Vancouver, Coast & Mountains and with the days getting longer, the weather getting warmer and the spring flowers blooming. It’s the perfect time to host your birthday on board the private yacht charter and be part of the spring adventures.
Need a birthday party idea in the Springs of Vancouver? A birthday at sea is a one to remember. Celebrate your birthday aboard a private party yacht in Vancouver to frame your smiling photos with jaw-dropping scenery. Whether it’s about celebrating 50th birthday, or you’re looking for something out of the ordinary, or a birthday boat charter for kids – Vancouver Legend Yacht can accommodate.
On a birthday private party yacht, participate in the below-mentioned activities along with your guests, while our crew takes care of the rest.
VANCOUVER CHERRY BLOSSOM FESTIVAL – Every year in the month of April, Vancouverites celebrate the arrival of spring with the annual Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival. Depending on the weather conditions, the actual starting date of the festival might vary but the festival is a great excuse if you wish to try out some out of the box activities. Admire the views of the magical pink blossoms that line the streets. Inspired by the age-old Sakura festivals of Japan, the Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival puts on a wide range of events – concerts, haiku contests, a Japanese cultural fair, bike riding, film screenings, and of course, the cherry blossom viewings. Take part in the events or simply head out to explore on your own.
HIKING ON BOWEN ISLAND – Bowen Island – a favorite day trip destination can be reached by a short ride on board the private party yacht in Vancouver. There are different options available for hiking, depending upon the energy level you possess. The Killarney Lake trail is the easiest leisurely stroll can be covered in two hours. As you meander through groves of Cedar and Hemlock take in the eye captivating views of the lake and nature. You can also challenge yourself with 6-hour hike up Mount Gardner and back with an obligatory stop for a hot chocolate at Cocoa West. In return, the hikers are rewarded with spectacular views of the North Shore Mountains, Howe Sound and the Sunshine Coast.
GET BACK ON THAT BIKE – Hop on a bike and set out on a journey riding through many wonderful circuits around the region!! With warmer weather, it’s a perfect time to hit the trails and breathe in that fresh air. There is something for everyone from a leisurely ride through pastoral farmlands or a heart-pumping descent through old-growth forests. You can also make your way to Richmond so as to ride the west dyke trail – a beautiful, peaceful trail that goes along the Richmond Dyke and leads to the South Dyke into historic Steveston Village. For the advanced to get the feeling of adrenaline rushing, head to Sunshine Coast Gravity Park. This year round mountain bike park has downhill trails for all levels.
GO FOR ICE CREAM – Who says ice cream is just for summer time? On board the private party yacht in Vancouver, you will be served finger licking ice creams handcrafted by professional ice cream artisan. Feel like a scoop of Malted Milk Chocolate Honeycomb? Or how about Black Sesame? Don’t worry, you can still get an amazing scoop of good old vanilla or strawberry made with fresh berries! Do not forget to taste the handcrafted scoops of flavors like Cracked Caramel or Lime Coconut.
SPRING SNOWSHOEING – With the recent weather bringing fresh snowfall to the region, its time to step in into the snowshoes and go out exploring. Irrespective of the age, snowshoeing is one of the best ways to enjoy the winter wonderland. Close to Vancouver, the three local ski resorts all have amazing snowshoeing trails with spectacular views of the city. But for something completely different, consider heading to Dakota Ridge on the Sunshine Coast for gentle hills, wide ridges, and amazing views, or catch the Sea to Sky Gondola and discover snowshoeing high above Howe Sound.
Private party yacht in Vancouver is the perfect option for those who wish to make their birthday memorable for themselves as well as their friends with panoramic views of nature in the backdrop. The experienced crew will take the responsibility for the yacht and provide the guidance to ensure the safety and enjoyment of everyone on board. Participate in sailing as much or as little as you like.
When embarking on most luxury private yacht in Vancouver with Vancouver Legend Yacht, you will have to stop and take a moment to appreciate the incredible variety of marine creatures you are sharing waters with.
From the great orca to the humble sea urchin, the diversity of marine life in British Columbia is something to be appreciated. The blog will make you walk through some of the popular marine animals to keep an eye out for on the yachting voyage.
•SEA URCHINS – Frequently seen while snorkeling or diving, the sea urchin is actually one of the most intriguing creatures to grace the oceans of BC. To crawl along the seabed and over the seaweeds, they have strange tube – like feet. The red urchin is the largest in BC, and there is also the smaller green species to be seen. The red urchin has markedly the longest spines, which along with its red color makes it look quite the menace. The green variety has shorter, thinner spines. Both are known to create barrens, which helps keep the level of seaweed at bay. But these hives of urchins attract unwanted predators such as the wool-eel who consumes them in their entirety. There is the purple sea urchin which unlike the previous two survives best along the coast as opposed to the deep dark depths.
•ORCA WHALES – One of the world's most powerful predators - Orcas or killer whales are the largest of the dolphin's world. They can be best spotted from the comfort of your most luxury private yacht in Vancouver. An Orca can live up to 80 years for females and up to 50 years for males. The ladies are notably smaller than males. Orcas are immediately recognizable by their distinctive black-and-white coloring. They feast on marine mammals such as seals, sea lions, and even whales. They are known to grab seals right off the ice. They also eat fish, squid, and seabirds.
•JELLY FISH – Frequently seen while snorkeling or diving, they look magnificent under the water. When you set your eyes on this brainless, heartless, boneless creatures, it gives you the feeling that you have stepped into a bygone era. There are over 2000 known species across the globe, and 75 of those reside in BC waters. BC’s offering includes a wide range of looks – some mushroom-like, others caterpillar-like while others resembling a cracked egg! They are popular because they can regenerate their own damaged tissue. With the help of specialized stingers, they hunt prey such as small fish, other smaller jellyfish, and plankton. They are known as jelly fish because they are composed of around 96 percent water, the rest protein, and minerals.
•THE PACIFIC WHITE-SIDED DOLPHIN – The Dolphin is everyone’s favorite sea creature. Their playful attitude and sleek appearance are just too endearing to resist. As with most ocean animals, there is a huge variety of species out there. The most common here in BC is the Pacific White Sided Dolphin and it is a beauty not to be missed. This dolphin has a small and rounded ‘beak’ or ‘nose’ which contains very small and rounded teeth – making it look like the baby of the dolphin world. It also loves to ride the bow waves and is known to follow vessels for many miles which means you have a good chance of getting up close and personal when on board one of our yachts. Just like Orca’s they like to dine on squid, but they also have a taste for small fish such as anchovies and sardines. They also like to feed at night and play by day.
So there you have it, four very different sea creatures to be spotted in the BC area. Each so different from the first, but all fascinating and magnificent in their own very special way. Make sure when on board the most luxury private yacht in Vancouver you take in the mesmerizing views of nature and keep your eyes peeled for some of the world’s best marine life. It will be an experience of the lifetime.
Vancouver is considered as one of the paradises on earth to go whale watching. It's more amazing experience while keeping a watch along with sailing over the crystal clear waters aboard most luxury cruises in Vancouver. There is nothing better than seeing such a beautiful creature in their natural habitat as you enjoy the water and take in the stunning sea views.
From March to October each year, thousands of whales migrate through the waters near Vancouver, making it one of the world’s best locations for whale watching. A number of tours for whale watching expeditions around the Gulf and San Juan islands are organized by Vancouver Legend Yacht, so that the travelers can spot pods of whales from a high-speed zodiac, fully-equipped cruise, kayak or seaplane.
When it comes to whale watching tours, orcas are often considered the main attraction. The waters around Vancouver Island are home to nearly 100 of these whales, as well as small pods of transient orcas that travel across wide ranges of coastline. May to October is considered as prime viewing time as you get to see southern resident orcas feeding on migrating salmon in the Strait of Georgia and the Gulf Islands. But the late summer months are ideal for spotting northern resident orcas, which feed in the Johnstone Strait.
From sea lions and otters to dolphins and birds, British Columbia’s remote coastal areas are home to a wide range of marine creatures. Keep an eye out — and your camera ready while on any of the tours mentioned below:
• WHALE WATCHING TOUR FROM VANCOUVER TO GULF AND SAN JUAN ISLANDS – If you’re a nature lover or simply looking for a way to immerse yourself in the scenic beauty of the western coast of Canada, be a part of this 3- to 5-hour Vancouver whale watching cruise where you can scout for an incredible array of marine life. Under the guidance of an expert, look for creatures including seals, eagles, porpoises, and killer whales i.e, orcas amongst others. The waters in which you will cruise are renowned for attracting whales, offering up to 90% success rate with sightings. Take in the mesmerizing views of the lush green scenery set amidst the Gulf and the San Juan Islands. The professional naturalist onboard will share insights into orca behavior and helps you identify different species of animal.
• WHALE WATCHING CRUISE FROM VANCOUVER TO VICTORIA – On this 4-hour one-way whale watching escapade aboard the most luxury cruises in Vancouver, sail from Vancouver to Victoria and discover native Canadian wildlife in its natural habitat. Take a seat in the comfortable indoor cabin or climb up to the top deck to enjoy the wind in your hair. Take in the breathtaking vistas of the local islands and watch the waters for graceful whales, seals, porpoises and sea lions under the guidance of an expert. The naturalist guide will explain you about the creatures’, their feeding habits and life cycles by the time you will arrive in Victoria.
• VANCOUVER WHALE WATCHING SAFARI ALONG THE BRITISH COLUMBIA SHORELINE – Be a part of the wildlife safari from Vancouver that takes place aboard a comfortable public cruise and watches for orca, gray and humpback whales. View these intelligent animals in their natural habitat and learn about their lives, behaviors and migration patterns from the trained naturalist onboard. Under the guidance of an expert try to spot the dolphins, seals, sea lions and bald eagles that thrive along the Pacific Coast. Take in the eye captivating views of the ocean scenery and fresh air of the British Columbia shoreline. Later finish your trip with a visit to Granville Island – one of Vancouver’s most vibrant shopping and entertainment destinations.
• WHALE WATCHING ADVENTURE TO STRAIT OF GEORGIA– On this whale watching adventure the success rate to spot killer whales, humpbacks, porpoises are higher. Your outing will last three to five hours. For the ultimate wildlife experience, the captain will take you out into the Strait of Georgia, into the Canadian Gulf Islands. The guides will brief you about whatever you see and share their extensive knowledge of the Pacific Northwest. For a memorable experience in Vancouver do not miss out this tour of whale watching.
All the tours enlisted above are considered as safest and exciting open air adventure tour aboard. They are also considered as most luxury cruises in Vancouver accompanied by captains and naturalists who too are the best in the eco-tour industry. All the Vancouver Legend Yacht tours offer the thrill of a lifetime for environmentally conscious travelers from across the globe.